Today we are experiencing an unprecedented rise in the digital component of companies. To ensure a prominent place in the market, each company must introduce technological innovations to remain competitive and profitable. If you are looking for a way to guarantee your company a digital initiation, it is time to get to know SMAC.
You can readily embrace the inevitable digital transformation through social, mobile, analytics, and the cloud. You may have already heard of this acronym, but do you know what it stands for and what it refers to? Don’t Don’t worry; we’re here for it! Follow us in reading this article: the Appetizer team will provide you with all the information you need to reveal this concept’s secrets.
SMAC: Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud. What Does It Mean?
SMAC is an acronym of 4 letters referring to as many terms as possible. These define the four technological components that translate the main inclinations of the market in terms of the digital transformation of companies. The words to which the SMACS letters refer are:
In concrete terms, these terms correspond to the 4 IT investments that must be made to ensure that a company remains competitive in the market. Therefore, they are also indicators of a business’s business’s technological maturity or inadequacy.
The entire company and its functioning can be adapted to (sustainable) market trends by incorporating these parameters. The advantage will benefit both customers and users, as well as the employees themselves! Let’sLet’s take a closer look at the SMAC metrics, cornerstones for your enterprise digital revolution.
1st SMAC: Social
As it is known, social media and social networks play a fundamental role for companies nowadays. They intervene decisively in creating, distributing, and sharing content on social networks. It is important to note how corporate communication and marketing are increasingly linked to and, at times, may even be dependent on the action of social media. The latter allows you to improve the e-reputation of the business and reach the target.
Furthermore, they allow a dizzying degree of diffusion and reception of the shared contents in areas such as:
- Corporate communication (whether external or internal);
- Marketing ( social selling );
- Sales ( social commerce );
- Customer relationship management ( social CRM );
Human resources for employer branding and HR communication. So, to operate your corporate digital revolution, you could, for example:
- Create a Facebook or Twitter account, etc. corporate.
- Introduce collaborative work tools (for video conferencing, chat, etc.). The latter is essential for sharing company knowledge in real time and encouraging collaborative business management.
2nd SMAC: Mobility
You may have heard the adjective “responsive” repeated a thousand times, usually in combination with smartphones, tablets, or computers. In reality, this adjective defines the degree of adaptation of web browsing to the format of its concrete support used. That is the ability of a website to be user-friendly on any device.
Today, there is also a lot of talk about “mobile first, “a concept that must be addressed in any web design strategy. “Mobile first” refers to designing websites primarily for mobile use. Even Google better renders websites designed for mobile “ATAWAD” (any time, anywhere, any device) use. In 2017, more users searched from mobile phones than computers.
Among the latest revolutions in this area are:
- Geolocation has made it possible to refine the study of customer behavior and habits. In this way, it allowed to offer them a better experience through ever more sophisticated answers;
- Mobile payment ( m-payment );
- The electronic signature of documents, invoices, contracts, etc.
To digitize your company, you could, for example:
- Provide sales departments with a mobile CRM to organize sales rounds and report information in real-time;
- Thanks to geolocation, develop mobile applications with more interactive and customized interfaces;
- Introducing the practice of telework.
3rd SMAC: Analytics
At the heart of the issue of going digital are also data, or data, the statistics that emerge from it and their exploitation through artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning ( machine learning ). We often talk about:
- big data,
- small dates,
- Smart data, etc.
All these trends have a common denominator: web analytics. That is, they aim, among other things, to operate a predictive analysis to:
- A better knowledge of the customer,
- Better management of maintenance and machinery,
- To anticipate needs and automate responses.
To increase the digitization of your business, you could, for example:
- Introduce the use of the Internet of Things (IDC or IoT ). Through this tool, it is possible to use the data of the machines through sensors to improve their performance and prevent breakdowns, promoting production continuity and customer loyalty;
- Adopt a customer-centric approach, collecting and analyzing user data to tailor your offer to their needs.
4th SMAC: Cloud
Without the cloud, which allows:
- An immeasurable data storage capacity on remote servers,
- Sharing and accessing them via the internet,
- Access anywhere and from any medium in real-time,
Most SMAC developments wouldn’t wouldn’t even be possible. Indeed, it is precisely this remote data center that benefits from the majority of SMAC investments. This is the reason for the success of software in SaaS mode ( Software as a Service ) hosted in the cloud service.
To embrace the modern cloud revolution in your company, you could:
- Invest in SaaS software for collaborative, mobile, and real-time use, as well as for the collection and archiving of large amounts of data;
- Make sure your users, collaborators, partners, and customers can access their information through a portal or storage space that facilitates communication, commercial relations, and administrative and accounting management.
SMAC Or SMACS? 5th SMAC(S): Security
There are variations of the acronym SMAC that add a final S. The latter would refer to a final, fifth component considered, for some, essential in the digital transformation of companies: Security. With the development of data, artificial intelligence, and cloud uses, cybersecurity has necessarily had to adapt and now plays a decisive role.
One of the direct consequences of this is the implementation of the RGPD to ensure the ethical and secure use of data, both for users and companies. To ensure the digital security of your company, you could:
- Adopt software for data backup and archiving;
- Integrate the notion of privacy by design, compliance with data protection, and the implementation of proceedings following the GDPR.
Social, Mobility, Analytics, Cloud: The Access Keys To Digital Transformation
As you may have understood, SMACs represent the pillars of digital transformation. They allow the company to improve :
- productivity, _
- profitability, _
- competitiveness, _
- The reputation.
Now that you have all the necessary knowledge, it’s time to get the right tools and go digital! Abandon yourself to change without fear in a coherent and reasoned way. Whether it’s your human resources, work tools, offer, or internal organization, you will see that it will be worth it!